Settlement Agreement Fees

Details of Fees for Settlement Agreements

Although your employer is not legally obliged to make a contribution to your legal costs for obtaining advice on a settlement agreement it is usual for them to do so, provided that you sign the agreement.   

Your employer will insert a clause into the agreement specifying the amount of legal fees to be paid and this will depend on factors such as the length of the settlement agreement and its complexity. We have set out below the scale of fees generally paid by employers.     

Settlement Agreements Standard Advice – where all terms are agreed between the parties  £250.00 + VAT  – £500.00 + VAT


Two-part Settlement Agreements – often referred to as a ‘reaffirmation.’  In these cases your employer will ask you to sign in two stages, often weeks or months apart.  £400.00 + VAT – £600.00 + VAT. 

Call 01925 937070 to make an appointment to discuss your settlement agreement or  complete the Contact form on the right.  We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about your settlement agreement or our fees.  


Settlement Agreement Solicitors in Warrington, Cheshire

Settlement Agreement Compromise Agreement

Settlement Agreement Compromise Agreement

We can deal with your agreement face-to-face, by email or over the telephone if you prefer.  Only a fully-qualified solicitor will advise you on the terms of your settlement agreement (also known as a compromise agreement or termination agreement), meaning you can be assured you are receiving the best possible quality advice.   You can find out more by visiting our Settlement Agreements page.

Contact Our Expert Employment Law Solicitors

Not only are we experts at settlement agreements, we can also assist with other areas of employment law such as discrimination and unfair dismissal. 

We also deal with personal injury claims including road traffic accidents (car accidents), slips and trips, accidents at work, accidents involving children, oaths, affidavits and statutory declarations, document certification service, wills and probate, lasting powers of attorneycriminal injury compensation claims and medical negligence (also known as clinical negligence).  We also advice on professional negligence claims including claims against barristers, other solicitors and accountants.

For free employment law advice you can speak to ACAS or visit their website